- 1 small eggplant, cut in 0.5 cm (1/4 in.) slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 10 slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 fresh baguette bread
- 6 thin slices of prosciutto
- 8 slices of Kingsberg cheese
- A few leaves of curly endive or Romaine lettuce
- Dijon or Meaux mustard (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Servings: 2 - Preparation: 10 min - Cooking: 5 min
- Brush eggplant and bell pepper with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season and roast on a hot grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Cut baguette once lengthwise and once crosswise. Brush the inside with olive oil. Place prosciutto, Kingsberg cheese and eggplant on the bottom part of the sandwich. Add bell peppers and lettuce. If desired, add a little mustard and close sandwich. Serve immediately.