POLENTA WITH LE CENDRÉ CHEESE
- 12 Italian cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 45 ml, 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 45 ml, 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml, 2 tbsp. Ground pepper and sea salt, to taste
- 30 ml, 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary and thyme, chopped
- 1125 ml, 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 250 ml, 1 cup polenta, pre-cooked
- 60 ml, 1/4 cup butter
- 30 ml, 2 tbsp. chopped herbs (flat parsley, thyme and basil)
- 60 g, Le Cendré cheese, shredded
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of Le Cendré cheese
- Arugula leaves as garnish (optional)
Servings: 8 - Preparation: 45-60 min - Cooking: 25 min
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Place tomatoes and garlic cloves in an ovenproof dish, cut side down. Mix oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar. Add ground pepper, sea salt, rosemary and thyme mixture. Pour mixture over tomatoes and garlic. Bake in middle of oven 15-20 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken stock to a boil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Using a whisk, slowly blend in polenta while. Cook on medium-low about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Add butter, chopped herbs and shredded cheese. Mix well and season to taste.
- Pour in a buttered 32 cm x 23 cm (13 in. x 9 in.) baking dish and smooth surface with a spatula. Or, spread on a baking sheet covered in buttered parchment paper.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until polenta is firm enough to be taken out and cut.
- Cut polenta into 8 equal parts. Lightly oil each piece and grill both sides on barbecue.
- When polenta is almost cooked, top with a slice of Le Cendré cheese and let it soften.
- Serve with tomato and garlic confit. Finish with a drizzle of flavoured oil. Garnish with arugula, to taste.