Sir Laurier d’Arthabaska in Phyllo with Wild Mushrooms
- 90 g, 3/4 cup shiitake or oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 15 ml, 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 170 g, 1 Sir Laurier d’Arthabaska cheese
- 50 ml, 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 sheets phyllo dough
- To taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
Servings: 2 - Preparation: 10 min - Cooking: 15 min
- Preheat oven at 200°C (400°F).
- Sauté mushrooms and green onions in olive oil until moisture has evaporated. Add garlic and sauté 1 more minute. Season to taste and remove from heat.
- Carefully remove rind from top of Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska cheese.
- Brush both sheets of phyllo with melted butter. Fold each sheet in half, then brush again.
- In the middle of each phyllo rectangle, place a small mound of mushroom mixture, about the same size as the Sir Laurier d’Arthabaska cheese. Place the cheese on top of the mushroom mixture, rindless side down. Fold over sides of phyllo to form a tightly wrapped package. Brush with butter to help pastry stay closed. Turn phyllo parcel over, setting the seam side down on a baking sheet, and brush with butter again.
- Bake 15 minutes or until crispy and golden. Serve hot with assorted crackers.