SIR LAURIER CHEESE IN NUTS CRUST
- 50 ml, 1/4 cup nuts, lightly toasted and finely chopped (hazelnuts, pecans or almonds)
- 50 ml, 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- To taste salt and fresh ground pepper
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- 170 g 1 Sir Laurier d’Arthabaska cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Servings: 2 - Preparation: 10 min - Cooking: 15 min
- Mix nuts and breadcrumbs together. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne.
- Using a knife, remove the rind from top of the Sir Laurier d’Arthabaska cheese.
- Coat the cheese with egg on all sides. Cover with in nut and breadcrumb mixture to create a crust.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Wrap the cheese in aluminium foil leaving top exposed. Then place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with fruit or nut bread and slices of your favourite fruit.